I’ve successfully held many senior roles across a range of organisations from PLC and Fortune 500 companies through to SME’s and family businesses. During that varied career, I’ve gained extensive experience in developing and executing strategy, building senior teams, leading finance functions and executing mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
Since 2009, I’ve also had portfolio of non-executive and consultancy work and have worked with a number of different organisations on a strategic advisory basis, across many industries and sectors.
I look at the world through three main areas – strategy, finance and people, with the latter focusing on the dynamic and calibre of the leadership team.
I love that we can make a difference to businesses we work with. We’re not there to run the company. The owners know their business and their industry, but with access to a little bit of extra support and experience, Strathblair can really make a significant difference to value.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Previous range of senior roles including Chairman, MD and Finance Director.
- Member of YP0 Scotland since 2008
“I’ve been a CEO and I understand what that means. That gives me a unique insight into the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities that come with that type of role, rather than just being a simple adviser to a business.”
- Chairman / Non-exec Director
- CEO/Managing Director Experience
- CFO / Finance Director Experience
- Private enterprise, Family owned business, listed business and experience across a spectrum of business types and industries
- Links to Scottish Entrepreneurial community through YPO
- Corporate Finance, including mergers & acquisitions
- International Business and Global Supply Chain
- Wholesale and distribution
- Financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting