As a mechanical engineer who has spent over 30 years in the energy sector, I have undertaken a wide range of engineering and commercial roles, including strategy, business development, trading, risk management and construction.
I’ve held several director level positions, delivering multi-million-pound business ventures, through acquisition and in-house development. This has included setting up an innovative venture in a new sector with international partners.
In addition to my corporate experience I co-own and run a successful small family business and since leaving the energy sector I have been advising several businesses from a range of sectors.
- Director of SSE’s commodity trading business, trading power, gas, oil and renewable output across the UK and Ireland.
- Responsible for developing SSE’s waste to energy business, bringing in partners and managing the construction of the first plant, costing £300m.
- As SSE’s Director of Energy Strategy, I had a key role in the acquisitions of a number of coal, gas and renewable power station assets.
- Former vice-president of the Association of Electricity Producers.
- Co-owner of a small family business based on Scotland’s beautiful West coast.
With my experience in setting up and leading a variety of business ventures, both large and small, I can help people turn their great ideas into reality.
- Strategic planning
- Stakeholder Management & engagement
- Business Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
- Board governance & strategy
- Major investments
- Business growth