I’m a corporate lawyer who has successfully held director, regional director and company secretarial roles, latterly in a FTSE 100 company.
As a result, I’ve acquired valuable experience in board governance, strategic risk management, corporate and social responsibility, business development, team building and stakeholder engagement.
I have also advised government, businesses and educational institutions on how alternative business models can be used to deliver social and environmental impact alongside profit.
In addition to my market experience and corporate governance expertise, I offer clients a Corporate Social Responsibility element – for me the most successful organisations use Corporate Social Responsibility to mitigate strategic risk.
- Non-executive director at Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
- Former Director of Risk, Insurance and Major Claims at SSE PLc
- Worked on a case, settling the world’s largest claim of its type in the energy sector.
- Social Entrepreneurship, University of Oxford
- Member of Law Society of Scotland
"It’s important to recognise that the future economy of Scotland is very much dependent on SMEs and on the global growth of SMEs."
- Corporate law
- Corporate social responsibility
- Business development
- Board governance
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Team building