Two experienced media professionals, Fiona White and Janice Forsyth had a great business model for a steaming video on demand (SVOD) service, showcasing great Scottish products.
But they were struggling to get that crucial first stage funding in place so they could plan on the roll out of the business. By their own admission, they were uncertain how best to raise the investment – and how much would be required.
Strathblair worked with Watch Scotch to take them through the business planning process, assessing investors that they had approached and also new investors.
We outlined what investors looked for and needed and we agreed what investment Watch Scotch actually required to get to the next stage.
Previously the business had been working with other advisors and were confused with corporate finance and management speak – we helped interpret this for them and are now seen as part of the Watch Scotch team.
“Strathblair is now an integral part of the Watch Scotch team and is a key member of the team as we plan for the future fundraising for the business.”
- Fiona White, Watch Scotch
There is still some way to go, but Watch Scotch now have their first round funding, enabling them to plan the next stage of their development. Strathblair is now an integral part of the Watch Scotch team and is a key member of the team as we plan for the future fundraising for the business
- We explained what the business needed financially and identified the best people to speak to;
- Strathblair led negotiations with investors on levels of investment and share capital;
- We introduced suitable lawyers to oversee the funding process and all required documentation;
- We’ve augmented their Executive team providing specialist back-up where needed;
- We continue to work with Watch Scotch as they plan for their next funding round.