The owner of an independent training business, You Train, contacted us when he was thinking about his exit strategy.
Duncan MacLeod felt that the time was right personally and commercially to sell the business. But he wasn’t sure what approach to take and wanted advice on how he could get maximum value on any sale.
Strathblair worked with him to assess where he and the business were. We reviewed the plan, the financial projections and all documentation before meeting various corporate finance advisors.
We then met with a series of businesses to put together a team to work with You Train. We interviewed, assessed and then selected the individuals that provided the best fit to support the You Train team and maximise the value of the sale for the shareholders.
Strathblair worked closely with everyone throughout the process.
"It was great to have Gary as part of the team, as we went through a significant transaction. I needed someone to act as a sounding board throughout the process and Gary was always available, knowledgeable, insightful and above all helpful throughout."
- Duncan MacLeod, You Train
The business was sold for a significantly higher price than originally expected by the shareholders. This was thanks to working with Strathblair and the carefully selected professional advisors.
- By providing tailored support, we achieved a successful sale and realised good value of the business;
- We devised a process for the sale and kept the business owner informed throughout;
- We also put him touch with good quality advisors;
- We acted as a trusted sounding board at all times;
- Strathblair continues to work with the business owner an ongoing basis.