My background is in energy, but my skills and experience translate across a wide range of sectors.
I’ve held a range of senior positions over the last 30 years, including Executive Director and board director with one of the UK’s largest energy utilities. More recently, I’ve sat on the main board as director within the family business arena.
Some of my career highlights include planning and managing major investments; overseeing business growth and restructuring projects and successfully handling a variety of complex operational, commercial and regulatory situations.
I’ve had the privilege of holding a number of senior positions. With all the experience that brings, I’d like to give something back and share that with other business owners and leaders.
- Established and managed Scottish Power’s commodity hedging and trading covering coal, gas, CHP, hydro, pumped storage and wind capacity across the UK
- Detailed operational experience, managing plant and people in a regulated environment
- Former commercial director Fergusson Group Ltd
- Previously president and director for several Scottish and UK industry associations including Scottish Engineering
- Ex-chairman of Confederation of UK Coal Producers and former director of Association of UK Coal Importers
"Whatever the challenge, there is a broad team at Strathblair, bringing a wide range of disciplines at an affordable price – and we can make a big difference."
- Board governance & strategy
- Business growth
- Industry liaison
- Major investments
- Stakeholder engagement